Embracing the New Normal
- June 16, 2020
Here we are once again talking about the event that has changed the lives of so many, some indefinitely. This period is something that is never going to be forgotten, just like the GFC of 2008. It may not have drastically impacted all of us, but we all know about it and remember it like it was yesterday. We will forever reference back to this global pandemic as what created our “New Normal.”
So what is the New Normal and how can we as tradies and customers embrace it and incorporate it in to our daily lives?
The New Normal is something that many are now thinking should have always been normal. We became complacent with our hygiene and infection control. How many of us used to say “if you’re sick stay at home?” But how many of us (until now) actually followed that instead of just preaching it? We were complacent with our knowledge of infection control because we believed that everything had a cure or could be treated. When COVID-19 hit, it sent the whole world in to a tail spin as we were so ill-prepared.
We may be seeing COVID-19 get more and more under control but until we have a vaccine we now have a New Normal to uphold and it’s all up to us to make sure we do our part.
Here are some tips and procedures that MyTradie have implemented across the board:
- Washing and Sanitising of hands – Endeavour to wash your hands as much as possible throughout your day – where possible sanitise before and after every job and prior to meeting with any person and wear gloves if you can.
- Keep alcohol wipes or disinfectant to clean your phone, keys, wallet, tools as often as you can
- Wearing masks – It is important to not only protect yourself but those around you by wearing a mask. I know they may look a little bit ridiculous but P2 masks are the most effective
- Making your service as contactless as possible – At MyTradie we have spent many hours creating a service that is predominantly contactless. From the way we quote jobs, scheduling them in, completing the works and even taking payment. If our procedures are followed we should always be able to maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 metres from each other at all times
- Being courteous and understanding – We know that at times these measures could make things a little difficult but we need to consider the alternative. Adhering to these procedures not only does benefit ourselves but, every person we come in to contact with be they customers, suppliers or fellow tradies on site.
Is there something that you have implemented within your business or daily life to create a safer environment? We’d love to hear about it!
If you’d like to hear and see more tips from the team on how to keep your homes in tip top shape or your maintenance expenses down, head over to our new facebook group – All Things Maintenance
We’d love to have you.
If you’d like to check out our other blogs you can find them here
You can also find us on facebook at facebook.com/mytradie
don’t forget to like and follow!